CENTER FOR COMMUNITY ACTION
JOB TITLE: WEATHERIZATION LABORER/INSTALLER
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Weatherization Field Supervisor
STARTING HOURLY RANGE: $12.00-$14.00 per hour, Full Time, 35 hrs/wk., Non-Exempt Status
Overall responsibility: Performs and installs technical measures required for housing and energy programs.
- Weatherization installation including but not limited to: blowing insulation, sealing doors and windows, wrapping pipes and water heathers and other activities to make homes more energy efficient
- Loading and off-loading of tools, equipment and materials from the weatherization truck for jobs on a daily basis
- Assist Crew Chief in the maintenance of crew related records including: material usage sheet, monthly vehicle mileage report, weekly preventative maintenance checklist, etc.
- Conduct furnace efficiency tests
- Conduct pre and post inspections for energy and housing programs (using blower door technology)
- Attend and successfully complete mandatory training courses as deemed by the Department of Community and Economic Development and utility companies
- Maintain accurate material inventories for energy programs
- Maintain client files in a neat and orderly fashion and assure all required documents are properly signed and in place
- Basic carpentry skills.
- Completion of standard High School education or equivalent or three years’ experience in housing repairs and construction techniques
- Thorough knowledge of housing repairs and construction techniques
- Successful completion of all mandatory training programs sponsored by state, federal and PUC entities
- Preferred but not required – one years’ experience with computerized energy audits
- Ability to maintain consumer confidentiality
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Valid PA driver’s license, reliable transportation, vehicle insurance to comply with Agency standards of coverage, and willing to travel in all the counties we serve, and other counties as required.
- Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) fingerprint processed in accordance with Public Law 92522 and Child Protective Services Law (Title 23, PA C.S. Chapter 63), Federal Criminal History Background Check
- Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance
- PA State Police Report of Criminal History Clearance.
This position is in the Bedford office.