The Department of Human Services (DHS) a statewide Support & Referral Helpline staffed by skilled and compassionate staff who will be available 24/7 to assist Pennsylvanians struggling with anxiety and other challenging emotions due to the COVID-19 emergency and refer them to community-based resources that can further help to meet individual needs.
The toll-free, round-the-clock support line is officially operational. The number to call is 1-855-284-2494. For TTY, dial 724-631-5600.
Many other resources also remain available to Pennsylvanians in need of support, including:
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
- Nacional de Prevención del Suicidio: 1-888-628-9454
- Crisis Text Line: Text “PA” to 741-741
- Veteran Crisis Line: 1-800-273-TALK (8255) press #1 or text 838255
- Veteran Foreclosure Housing 1-877-827-
- Disaster Distress Helpline: 1-800-985-5990
- Get Help Now Hotline (for substance use disorders): 1-800-662-4357
- Pennsylvania Sexual Assault Helpline – 1-888-772-7227
- National Domestic Violence Helpline – 1-800-799-7233
- Domestic Violence Crisis text 22522
- Child Hotline 1-800-932-0313
|U.S. Department of Agriculture and Rural Development||http://www.rd.usda.gov|
|Department of Human Services||http://www.dhs.gov|
|Department of Health||https://health.pa.gov|
|Centers for Disease Control||http://www.cdc.gov|
|PA United Way||http://www.uwp.org|
|U.S. Department of Health and Human Services||http://www.aspe.hhs.gov/coronavirus|
For local resources check with your local County, Community Action, Chamber and Human Service Agency for updates on local events, resources, and food distribution.
Day Care providers can be found on the Department of Human Services website.
You may also use our Human Services Hub to locate services near you.
CCA recognizes that our Country is experiencing hard times due to COVID-19. We, as an agency, want to make sure that we are taking every precaution necessary to ensure the safety and health of our clients and staff. We are implementing the following changes until further notice:
- Effective March 17, all CCA offices will be closed to the public
- Appointments that require or involve person to person contact will be canceled or rescheduled
- Where possible, programming will be provided virtually (phone, email, video conference)
Thank you for your continued support. During this crisis, you may call our toll free number for all of your Community Action needs. 1-800-323-9997
If you develop symptoms such as fever, cough, and/or difficulty breathing, and have been in close contact with a person known to have Coronavirus (COVID-19) or have recently traveled from an area with ongoing spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19), stay home and call your healthcare provider. If you have severe symptoms, contact your healthcare provider or emergency room and seek care immediately. Your doctor will determine if you have signs and symptoms of Coronavirus (COVID-19) and whether you should be tested.