CENTER FOR COMMUNITY ACTION
JOB TITLE: Housing Intake Specialist
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Director of Human Services
STARTING HOURLY RANGE: $12.50-$13.00 per hour, Full Time, 35 hrs./wk., Non-Exempt Status
Overall Responsibility: Provide services to consumers and their families working with agency homeless programs.
- Obtain consumer information required by funding sources to receive agency services
- Develop individualized Housing Plans with program participants and create a budget plan
- Document and verify income eligibility
- Maintain a complete working file providing activity documentation and copies of all corresponding paperwork
- Assist in the development of and encourage adherence to a personal budget through housing and budget counseling sessions; provide budget counseling and education to assist consumers in maintaining their housing
- Develop relationships with local landlords
- Maintain an updated and comprehensive listing of housing options and resources for homeless populations
- Monitor homeless program participants who are receiving financial assistance
- Conduce follow-up with housing consumers
- Work with consumers to resolve barriers to housing
- Attend training sessions, workshops and meetings that will enhance services to consumers
- Compile monthly, quarterly and annual reports and maintain data on HMIS
- Travel to various sites within the region to conduct intake and complete other transactions relating to program services
- Complete housing habitability inspections, including lead-based inspections when necessary
- Provide Financial Literacy and budgeting classes when necessary
- Assess housing barriers of individuals and families experiencing homelessness to determine housing and service needs
- Develop a housing procurement, financial and self-sufficiency case management plan with consumers; including an intake interview to determine consumer’s needs, goals, and eligibility
- Provide mediation and advocacy with landlords on the consumer’s behalf to develop a workable plan to obtain and maintain housing
- Assist consumers in locating and securing safe, affordable housing of their choice
- Apply knowledge of residential lease contracts to educate consumers of their rights and responsibilities
- Collect and report program data, including but not limited to HMIS and ORS
- Other duties as may be required
- Completion of Associate Degree in Human Services or equivalent education and experience in a related field
- Commitment to providing services with a consumer centered focus and within an atmosphere of dignity and respect
- Ability to build rapport with diverse consumers, coworkers and colleagues through effective communication, listening skills and empathy
- Ability to adapt to a variety of situations and individuals, ability to work independently and also work on team projects
- Ability to develop and maintain an understanding of eligibility criteria and policies related to various federal and local public benefit programs
- Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding all agency business, employee and consumer matters
- Valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, vehicle insurance to comply with Agency standards of coverage, and willing to travel in all the counties we serve, and other counties as required.
- Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) fingerprint processed in accordance with Public Law 92522 and Child Protective Services Law (Title 23, PA C.S. Chapter 63), Federal Criminal History Background Check
- Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance
- PA State Police Report of Criminal History Clearance.
I understand and agree to the terms and requirements of the job duties for the position of Housing Intake Specialist.
____________________ Signature Date
Rev. 01/31/13 Rev. 9/25/19
This organization reserves the right to revise and change job descriptions as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.