The Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP) is here
We have developed a checklist of what you will need before you begin the application process.
The Emergency Rental Assistance Program will provide eligible households, indirectly or directly impacted by COVID-19, financial assistance. The assistance will be available to eligible households struggling to pay rent, rent arrears, utility arrears, and other related housing expenses.
For any financial assistance provided through ERAP we will need the following documentation:
- Photo Id/Social Security Card over 18 years of age
- Birth Certificate/Social Security Card under 18 years of age
- Proof of income for the past 30 days for anyone in the household that has income
- Lease Agreement if applicable
When you reach the rental assistance portion, you will need the following documentation:
- Landlord Information (to include address and phone number)
- Amount of rent and breakdown of amount of arrears
- Total monthly household expenses
When you reach the utility assistance portion, you will need the following documentation:
- Utility company name, address, phone number, and account number
- Breakdown of amount of arrears owed to utility company
Please make sure
You have read, understood, and prepared all documentation from the checklist above. This will make the application process easier. When you have prepared the documentation, you may begin the application by using the button below.
Contact our offices if you need assistance
Toll free: 1-800-323-9997
Bedford: 814-623-9129 / 195 Drive In Lane, Everett, PA 15537
Fulton: 717-325-4380 / 216 N 2nd St, STE D, McConnellsburg, PA 17233
Huntingdon: 814-643-4202 / 510 Washington St, Huntingdon, PA 16652