CENTER FOR COMMUNITY ACTION
JOB TITLE: ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Executive Director
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $12.00-$14.00 per hour, Fulltime, 40 hrs/wk., Non-Exempt Status
Overall responsibility: Under the supervision of the Executive Director, the Administrative Assistant provides assistance and support to the Executive Director as needed including performing a wide variety of secretarial, receptionist, and related duties as required at the agency’s multiple sites.
- Provides clerical support to the Executive Director
- Assists Executive Director with the annual Grantee Plan in gathering and assembling information to be submitted for the Grantee Plan to the funding sources
- Assists Executive Director with communications and development of the agency Annual Report
- Guide and undertake the organizing, review and implementation of all administrative support activities that facilitate and expedite the smooth running of the office
- Serves as recording secretary for CCA Board of Directors and agency staff meetings
- Fulfill the administrative and office support activities for all staff and board including managing an agency calendar and providing reminders
- Support Executive staff and Board Representatives by assisting in the preparation and coordination of meetings, conferences, training sessions and other meetings as directed by Executive Director
- Maintain and update master office and agency files in electronic and paper format directed by operating procedures, contracts, and by-laws.
- Maintains computerized databases, enters data, and generates reports
- Works with the agency’s computer company to review and update the agency’s webpage on a consistent basis, but not less than on a monthly basis
- Assists in reception area as required
- Maintains filing system for grants, contracts, and grant reports required by the Executive Director
- Reviews and makes recommendations to the Executive Director regarding operational procedures to ensure efficient management of the office environment
- Provides administrative and error free clerical support for all reports, funding applications and correspondence
- Attends evening and weekend meetings as assigned
- Travels overnight and out of are as assigned
- Performs Notary tasks for the Agency
- Other duties as assigned
- An Associate Degree in Business Administration and five years of experience in Business Administration
- Must be able to work independently without close daily supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and have the ability to speak publicly
- Must display advanced skills with Microsoft Office including word processing, Excel, spreadsheet, mail merge, etc.
- Proficient with desktop publishing, Adobe and Photoshop types of software
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Computer literacy required; competency preferred
- Must be able to obtain Notary Certification within 60 days of employment
- Valid PA driver’s license, reliable transportation, vehicle insurance to comply with Agency standards of coverage, and willing to travel in all the counties we serve, and other counties as required
- Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) fingerprint processed in accordance with Public Law 92522 and Child Protective Services Law (Title 23, PA C.S. Chapter 63), Federal Criminal History Background Check
- Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance
- PA State Police Report of Criminal History Clearance.
I understand and agree to the terms and requirements of the job duties for the position of Administrative Assistant.
AA/EOE New 7/1/16
This position is in the Bedford Office
This organization reserves the right to revise and change job descriptions as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.