Our Mission Statement
Center for Community Action coordinates, partners, and provides services and resources to low-income individuals and families, to promote self-sufficiency; and fosters community and economic development in our service area.
Our Vision Statement
Center for Community Action will serve as a catalyst for economic, educational, social and workforce development to assist low-income individuals and families through collaboration and cooperation in communities we serve. Center for Community Action provides diverse resources that promote self-sufficiency, reduce poverty and foster community and economic development.
National Community Action Network Goals
Center for Community Action, as part of the national Community Action network, also shares the national goals developed by the office of Community Services related to families and communities:
- Helping low-income people become more self-sufficient.
- Improving the conditions in which low-income people live.
- Helping low-income people own a stake in their community.
- Creating and maintaining partnerships among supporters and providers of services to low-income people.
- Increase agency capacity to achieve results.
- Strengthen family and other supportive systems in low-income people’s lives, especially vulnerable populations so they achieve their full potential.