Representative PayeeRep-Payee

Bedford, Huntingdon, Fulton, Mifflin, Somerset, and Juniata counties.

Our agency wants to help you maintain independence by helping with managing social security or Supplemental Security Income (SSI). We provide a suitable representative payee, who manages payments on your behalf. Let us help you live healthier by reducing management stress and promoting independent living. It is our pleasure to serve you!

Programs offered here

Representative Payee

Available in Bedford, Huntingdon, Fulton, Mifflin, Somerset, and Juniata counties.

Frequently Asked Questions

What is the Rep Payee program?

The representative payee program assists the most vulnerable members of society – the young, the elderly, and the disabled who are incapable of managing or directing someone else to manage their benefits.

What is a representative payee?

A person, agency, organization, or institution selected to receive and manage benefits on behalf of an incapable or legally incompetent beneficiary.

Who needs a representative payee?
  • Children – almost all children under age 18 have payees
  • Beneficiaries determined by a court of law to be legally incompetent
  • Beneficiaries determined by SSA to be incapabale of handling their money
What are some ways a rep payee can help the beneficiary?

A representaitve payee acts on behalf of the beneficiary and is responsible for things related to benefits and payments that the beneficiary would oridnarily do for him or herself. The representative payee will also:

  • Meet regularly with the beneficiary
  • Establish a budget and involve him/her with financial decisions
  • Explain Social Security and/or SSI payments
  • Ensure the benficiary is aware of current and large retroactive payments
  • Help the beneficiary find other serivces he or she needs
  • Help the beneficiary fill out applications for other needed services
  • Act as an advocate between the individual and SSA to ensure the individual receives the correct benefit amount.
%d bloggers like this: