CENTER FOR COMMUNITY ACTION
JOB TITLE: FAMILY NAVIGATOR/INTAKE
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Director of Human Services
STARTING SALARY RANGE: Starting $12.00 Full Time, 35 hrs./wk., Non-Exempt Status
Overall Responsibility: The Family Navigator will be assisting families in developing the goals and plans to lead to self-sufficiency. The Family Navigator will provide assistance, consultation, and direct support to families and will focus on solutions that lead to self-sufficiency.
- Provide family centered case management services to help families meet basic needs.
- Assist families in accessing needed services.
- Assist in navigating programs and services related to COVID-19.
- Document and verify income eligibility.
- Maintain client files and assure all required documents are in place.
- Provide referrals to appropriate in-house departments or external service providers.
- Maintain an updated and comprehensive listing of housing options and resources.
- Work with clients to resolve barriers to self-sufficiency.
- Attend training sessions, workshops and/or meetings that will enhance services to clients
- Data entry and compile reports as needed.
- Analyze data and reports to identify trends and make recommendations regarding referrals and services.
- Travel to various sites within the five -county region to conduct intake and complete other transactions relating to program services.
- Maintain confidentiality of family records and personal information.
- Other duties as may be required.
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, community development or a similar field and at least two years’ experience in a community development or community engagement or economic development position. Experience may be used in lieu of a degree.
- Able to deal with people of all walks of life.
- Great attention to detail, as well as, the ability to think abstractly and strategically.
- Ability to motivate and welcome others into a group in a manner that supports open discussions that support increased understanding of the issues and promotes a solution focused direction.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills including Word, Excel. PowerPoint
- Dedication to being inclusive and creating a learning environment.
- Commitment to providing services with a client centered focus and within an atmosphere of dignity and respect.
- Ability to build rapport with diverse clients, coworkers and colleagues through effective communication, listening skills and empathy
- Ability to adapt to a variety of situations and individuals, ability to work independently and also work on team projects
- Ability to develop and maintain an understanding of eligibility criteria and policies related to various federal and local public benefit programs
- Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding all agency business, employee and client matters.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to maintain client confidentiality.
- Valid PA driver’s license, reliable transportation, vehicle insurance to comply with Agency standards of coverage, and willing to travel in all the counties we serve, and other counties as required.
- Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) fingerprint processed in accordance with Public Law 92522 and Child Protective Services Law (Title 23, PA C.S. Chapter 63), Federal Criminal History Background Check
- Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance
- PA State Police Report of Criminal History Clearance.
This position is in the Mifflin County office.